Resources for Applicants to the NEH Office of Digital Humanities
The NEH and the Office of Digital Humanities have published an abundance of resources to help you navigate our programs and write a competitive application. We’ve compiled many of these resources for your reference. Bookmark this page: we’ll keep it updated with new materials as they are released.
Finding the right fit for digital projects
The NEH has more than twenty grant programs that can fund digital projects, spread across all of our offices and divisions. Use these resources to navigate the many funding opportunities that we offer and determine which ones are right for you.
- Funding DH @ the NEH [YouTube]
- Navigating DH @ the NEH [PDF]
- Match Your Project to a Grant Program
- What Grant Program Fits my Digital Project?
General applicant resources
The NEH has published several resources that are useful for all applicants. New applicants are especially encouraged to review these resources as you begin to prepare your application.
Resources for applying to the Office of Digital Humanities
The ODH oversees a subset of grant programs relating to experimentation, infrastructure, and professional development in digital humanities. Use these resources as you develop your ODH application.
General ODH Resources
- My application to the Office of Digital Humanities wasn’t funded, what’s next?
- How to Write a Successful White Paper
Digital Humanities Advancement Grants
- DHAG home page (with links to sample applications and FAQs)
- How to Write a Successful Level I DHAG Proposal
- Do Your Research! Preparing a Strong Environmental Scan
- Planning Your Next DHAG: Idea, Audience, Innovation, Context
- Planning Your Next DHAG 2: Activities, People, & Costs for Doing the Work
- Planning 3: Managing and Sustaining the Project Assets
- DHAG webinar (2021) [YouTube] | Webinar slides (2021) [PDF]
- View all previously funded DHAG awards
- Tracking the Funding Lifecycles of Digital Humanities Start-Up Grants (report) [PDF]
Institutes for Advanced Topics in the Digital Humanities
- IATDH Home Page (with links to sample applications and FAQs)
- Planning your DH Institute: What and Why
- Planning your DH Institute: Who and How
- Planning your DH Institute: Outcomes and Budgets
- IATDH webinar slides (2020) [PDF]
- View all previously funded IATDH awards
- View all current Institutes
- Measuring the Impact of Institutes for Advanced Topics in the Digital Humanities (report) [PDF]
Email us at @email to ask questions or schedule a conversation with someone from our team. Make sure to include a brief description of your project in your email.