Digital Projects for the Public
Maximum award amount
$100,000 (Prototyping grants)
$400,000 (Production grants)
Period of performance
Optional Draft due
Expected notification date
Project start date
The Digital Projects for the Public program supports projects that interpret and analyze humanities content in primarily digital platforms and formats, such as websites, mobile applications and tours, interactive touch screens and kiosks, games, and virtual environments.
All Digital Projects for the Public projects should
- present analysis that deepens public understanding of significant humanities ideas;
- incorporate sound humanities scholarship;
- involve humanities scholars in all phases of development and production;
- include appropriate digital media professionals;
- reach a broad public through a realistic plan for development, marketing, and distribution;
- create appealing digital formats for the general public; and
- demonstrate the capacity to sustain themselves.
All projects should demonstrate the potential to attract a broad, general, nonspecialist audience, either online or in person at venues such as museums, libraries, or other cultural institutions. Applicants may also choose to identify particular communities and groups, including students, to whom a project may have particular appeal.
Begin by reading the Notice of Funding Opportunity and studying the application package and required supplementary materials.
Sample Application Narratives
Be sure to follow the instructions outlined in the Notice of Funding Opportunity and in the Grants.gov instructions.
You will receive a confirmation from Grants.gov when you've successfully submitted your application.
After you submit your application, Grants.gov will send you up to five e-mail messages confirming receipt of your application. These messages represent different stages in the application acceptance process. You should verify that you have received all confirmation messages. Please note that email filters may send these messages to your spam or junk folder.