Professional Development Programs
NEH offers tuition-free opportunities for K-12 educators and higher education faculty to study a variety of humanities topics. Stipends of $1300-$3450 for residential programs and $650-$1725 for virtual programs help cover expenses for these one- to four-week programs. Applications for all programs close on March 3, 2023.
Programs for 2023 will be posted on December 1, 2022
Professional development programs include the following format options:
- Residential: All participants attend for the duration of the project at the host site.
- Virtual: All participants attend for the duration of the project using an online platform. This can include synchronous and asynchronous sessions.
- Combined Format: All participants attend a portion of the project online and a portion of the project at the host site. Online and residential sessions occur at different times, but participants attend the same format simultaneously.
- NEH Institutes for Higher Education Faculty (PDF)
- NEH Institutes for K-12 Educators (PDF)
- NEH Landmarks of American History and Culture (PDF)
Questions regarding applications and program requirements should be directed to program project directors. For other inquiries, please email @email regarding Institutes and @email regarding Landmarks of American History and Culture.