Division of Education Professional Development Programs
The NEH Division of Education supports professional development programs for K-12 educators, higher education faculty, and humanities professionals to study a variety of humanities topics.
Institutes are one to four-week professional development programs that convene K-12 educators or higher education faculty from across the nation to deepen their understanding of significant topics in the humanities and enrich their capacity for effective scholarship and teaching.
Landmarks of American History and Culture programs are one-week workshops held across the nation that enhance how K-12 educators, higher education faculty, and humanities professionals incorporate place-based approaches to humanities teaching and scholarship. The video below provides an overview of the Landmarks workshops being offered in summer 2024.
Resources for Applicants and Participants
- Applicant and Participant FAQs (2024)
- Participant Eligibility Criteria (PDF)
- Participant Expectations (PDF)
- Principles of Civility
Application and Notification Dates for 2024
- December 15, 2023: Applications open for all 2024 programs
- March 5, 2024: Applications close for all 2024 programs at 11:59 pm Pacific Time
- April 5, 2024: All applicants are notified of their status
- April 19, 2024: Deadline for applicants to accept or decline their offer
Questions regarding applications and program requirements should be directed to program project directors. For other inquiries, please email @email regarding Institutes and @email regarding Landmarks of American History and Culture.