Welcome to the Open Government Web page of the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH). The information we are providing on this page is intended to help make the agency’s work more transparent to the public, while also making possible the public’s participation in the work of the Endowment. This effort is part of a government-wide initiative to promote openness in the work of federal agencies. (For detailed information about the initiative, visit the White House Web site or see the Open Government Directive  (11-page PDF), issued by the Office of Management and Budget on December 8, 2009.)
This is the pilot version of NEH’s Open Government Web page. We expect to expand the page’s offerings substantially in the coming months, so please check back with us periodically for updated postings.
High-value datasets from NEH
NEH now has data in XML format about every grant made by the agency since our founding in 1965. We also have information about every evaluator and panelist from 1988 – the present. The data can be found on the NEH page on the Data.gov portal . It can also be downloaded directly from the NEH .
Freedom of Information Act
Additional information about NEH’s FOIA program  and other FOIA resources can be found by accessing the links below:
- Agency FOIA Contacts 
- FOIA Electronic Reading Room 
- How to submit a FOIA request 
- Annual FOIA Reports 
Additional information about NEH
- Documentation for NEH's Funded Project Query Form API 
- NEH Open Government Plan, September 2016 (14-page PDF) 
- NEH Performance and Accountability Report, FY 2010 (104-page PDF) 
- NEH’s Strategic Plan  for FY 2007 - FY 2012;
- Guidelines for Ensuring and Maximizing the Quality, Objectivity, Utility, and Integrity of Information Disseminated by the National Endowment for the Humanities ;
- Current NEH Privacy Impact Assessments (8-page PDF) 
- Other Administrative Reports 
Provide feedback to NEH
NEH welcomes your feedback about the quality of NEH’s published information, as well as your input about which information should be given priority for future publication. Please send your comments and recommendations to firstname.lastname@example.org .