THE DEADLINE FOR THIS CYCLE HAS PASSED.
Updated guidelines will be posted in advance of the next deadline. In the meantime, please use these guidelines to get a sense of what is involved in assembling an application.
Maximum award amount
Period of performance
Expected notification date
Project start date
The Humanities Connections program seeks to expand the role of the humanities in undergraduate education at two- and four-year institutions. Awards support innovative curricular approaches that foster productive partnerships among humanities faculty and their counterparts in the social and natural sciences and in pre-service or professional programs (such as business, engineering, health sciences, law, computer science, and other technology-driven fields), in order to encourage and develop new integrative learning opportunities for students.
Competitive applications will demonstrate:
- that the proposed curricular projects expand the role of the humanities in addressing significant and compelling topics or issues in undergraduate education at the applicant institution(s)
- that these projects develop the intellectual skills and habits of mind cultivated by the humanities
- that faculty and students will benefit from meaningful collaborations in teaching and learning across disciplines as a result of the project
Humanities Connections projects have four core features:
- substantive and purposeful integration of the subject matter, perspectives, and pedagogical approaches of two or more disciplines (with a minimum of one in and one outside of the humanities)
- collaboration between faculty from two or more separate departments or schools at one or more institutions
- experiential learning as an intrinsic part of the curricular plan
- long-term institutional support for the proposed curriculum innovation(s)
The Humanities Connections program includes two categories: Planning and Implementation.
A pre-application webinar will be hosted on August 24, 2020 at 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Begin by reading the Notice of Funding Opportunity to ensure you understand the expectations and restrictions for projects delivered under this notice and are prepared to write the most effective application.
Download Application Materials
Sample Application Narratives
Be sure to follow the instructions outlined in the Notice of Funding Opportunity and in the Grants.gov instructions.
You will receive a confirmation from Grants.gov when you've successfully submitted your application.
After you submit your application, Grants.gov will send you up to five e-mail messages confirming receipt of your application. These messages represent different stages in the application acceptance process. You should verify that you have received all confirmation messages. Please note that email filters may send these messages to your spam or junk folder.