SUBSECTION (a)(2) of the Freedom of Information Act, commonly known as the FOIA, requires Federal agencies to make certain categories of records affirmatively available for public inspection and copying. NEH satisfies this requirement by providing the designated documents in this FOIA Library.
Frequently Requested Records:
Final Opinions and Orders:
- NEH does not maintain any records in this category at this time.
- Guidelines for Ensuring and Maximizing the Quality, Objectivity, Utility, and Integrity of Information Disseminated by the National Endowment for the Humanities 
- NEH Strategic Plan for FY 2013-2017 
Limited English Proficiency Guidance and NEH LEP Plan
Administrative Staff Manuals and Instructions to Staff that Affect a Member of the Public:
NEH does not maintain records appropriate for FOIA Library posting at this time.
Other Records of Public Interest:
General NEH Information
- Press Releases 
- NEH Chairman's Biography 
- National Council Members' Biographies 
- NEH Statute and Regulations 
- Summary of Fiscal Year 2013 Budget Request (120 page PDF) 
- NEH Administrative Reports 
- NEH's Institutional Repository 
- Staff Directory 
- NEH’s Organizational Chart 
- Job Opportunities 
- Humanities Magazine 
Grant Programs, Initiatives, and other Related Information
- Listing of NEH Grant Programs and Deadlines 
- Sample Grant Application Narratives 
- We the People Initiative 
- Picturing America 
- Bridging Cultures 
- General Terms and Conditions for Awards 
- Searchable database of NEH-funded projects 
- Data Management Plans From Successful Grant Applications (2011 - 2014) 
- NEH FOIA Responses 
If the information you are looking for is not available on this page or on the NEH Web site, you may request it by mailing or faxing a FOIA request or by completing our online form . For more information, please visit our FOIA Guide .
NEH does not currently maintain records in a conventional library at our offices. Consistent with the FOIA, upon request members of the public may review agency records releasable under the FOIA. To arrange for such a review, please contact NEH’s Office of the General Counsel at (202) 606-8322 or firstname.lastname@example.org .