Welcome to the Open Government Web page of the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH). The information we are providing on this page is intended to help make the agency’s work more transparent to the public, while also making possible the public’s participation in the work of the Endowment. This effort is part of a government-wide initiative to promote openness in the work of federal agencies. (For detailed information about the initiative, visit the White House Web site or see the Open Government Directive  (11-page PDF), issued by the Office of Management and Budget on December 8, 2009.)
This is the pilot version of NEH’s Open Government Web page. We expect to expand the page’s offerings substantially in the coming months, so please check back with us periodically for updated postings.
High-value datasets from NEH
NEH provides the following high-value datasets in XML format. These datasets may also be found on the Data.gov portal.
- NEH grant data 1970-1979  - Information about institutional grants made by the National Endowment for the Humanities from FY 1970 - FY 1979.
- NEH grant data 1980-1989  - Information about grants made by the National Endowment for the Humanities from FY 1980 - FY 1989.
- NEH grant data 1990-1999 - Information about grants made by the National Endowment for the Humanities from FY 1990 - FY 1999.
- NEH grant data 2000-2009  - Information about grants made by the National Endowment for the Humanities from FY 2000 - FY 2009.
- NEH grant data 2010-2019  - Information about grants made by the National Endowment for the Humanities from FY 2010 - present.
- NEH evaluator data 1988-present  - Information about evaluators and panelists used by the National Endowment for the Humanities from 1988 - present.
Freedom of Information Act
Additional information about NEH’s FOIA program  and other FOIA resources can be found by accessing the links below:
- Agency FOIA Contacts 
- FOIA Electronic Reading Room 
- How to submit a FOIA request 
- Annual FOIA Reports 
Additional information about NEH
- NEH Open Government Plan, June 2012 ;
- NEH Performance and Accountability Report, FY 2010 (104-page PDF) 
- NEH’s Strategic Plan  for FY 2007 - FY 2012;
- Guidelines for Ensuring and Maximizing the Quality, Objectivity, Utility, and Integrity of Information Disseminated by the National Endowment for the Humanities ;
- Current NEH Privacy Impact Assessments (7-page PDF) 
- Other Administrative Reports 
Provide feedback to NEH
NEH welcomes your feedback about the quality of NEH’s published information, as well as your input about which information should be given priority for future publication. Please send your comments and recommendations to firstname.lastname@example.org .